Complete, Easy and Fast to learn. Build Telegram Chat Bots with Node.js using the Modern Telegraf Framework
What you’ll learn
- You will learn Telegraf Framework and Telegram Bot API
- Basic Bot Functions such as commands, middlewares, context shortcuts, and working with files
- Learn to implement advanced Telegram Bot API features such as custom keyboards, inline query, switch inline query
- You Learn to create AWS Lambda Function with Layers
- Learn to use AWS API Gateway to create endpoints
- Deploy Telegram Bots with Serverless Architecture on AWS
- Learn to call External APIs and return the processed information to users with bots
- Learn various APIs such as Cryptocompare, Wiki, Pixabay, and Cat-as-a-service
- You Learn to get data from Google Sheet using JSON
- Learn Best Practices when coding Telegram Bots such as making the code modular
- Learn to use RSS and Zapier to create an automatic Channel Posting Bot
- You Learn about Polling and Webhooks
- Telegram Account
Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging app that provides API to developers to create bots that interact with users. This course aims to provide you with a complete set of knowledge on how to build amazing Telegram Bots.
First, you will be learning the basic bot functions where you will understand the fundamental building blocks of the framework.
Next, we will learn how to build 7 different bots, each focusing on a specific area that will allow you to familiarize yourself with the framework and Telegram Bot API.
The 7 Bots that you will build:
- Echo Bot – Echos what you type, provides users with a help message, and has logging feature to log information into another chat.
- Media Bot – Work with files like sending photos, Gifs, and documents from your computer, URL or File ID.
- Simple API Bot – Invoke external APIs to send users a random fortune cookie, a random image of a cat, an image with a text message that you typed, get an image of a specific dog breed.
- Facts Bot – Retrieve data from a Google Sheet and output it to the bot without using Google API.
- Crypto Bot – Retrieves Cryptocurrency information and you will learn how to create interactive menus in your bot using custom keyboards.
- Channel Bot – Uses RSS and Zapier to automatically send Instagram or Facebook posts into your channel, and this also works for any website that supports RSS.
- Search Bot – Supports inline query so that anyone in any chat can send an inline query to the bot to search for images or Wikipedia pages.
Finally, we will learn how to deploy our bot using the Serverless Architecture with AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway.The Serverless Architecture will allow your bot to scale automatically and you do not have to worry about it crashing when there are too many users. You also do not have to worry about managing your own server and it is also free and extremely cheap to host with AWS Lambda.
At the end of the course, you will know how to do simple logging into a group chat, send different types of files, use external API, read Google Sheets, create custom keyboards with interactive menus, handle inline queries, and automatically post content from websites like Instagram and Facebook into your channel and many more.
This course also gives you a good stepping stone for you to explore deeper into building more complex bots.
If you would like to see in detail what each bot does, you can check out the sections below.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who are curious to create Telegram bots
- Anyone who want to create Telegram Bots with complex functions
- Anyone who wants to understand and learn Telegram Bot API
- Students who want to expand their portfolio with Telegram bots
- Linux for Absolute Beginners! Course Catalog – Learn Linux
- Last updated 12/2019